Profoto, the Swedish lighting company, has revealed a new flashgun, or small studio light as it refers to them. The Profoto A10 is essentially the same as the A1X but it adds Profoto AirX technology to enable it to work with compatible smartphones. It means you can use a high-qulaity flash with your smartphone.
Like the Profoto A1 and A1X, the A10 has around flash head that is designed to produce natural-looking light with smooth fall-off. It is also compatible with Profoto’s Air, AirTTL and Connect triggers as well as the company’s magnetic Clic Light Shaping Tools.
The A10 has a clean, easy-to-use interface with a high-resolution display and is powered by a swappable and rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery that enables up to 450 full-power flashes on one charge.
The flash head has 90˚ tilt and 360˚ rotation plus auto or manual zoom for the flash and modelling light.
Profoto A10 Price and Availability
Available to purchase immediately, the Profoto A10 is set to retail for £949/$1,095 while the Profoto A1X’s price has dropped to £779 / $895.
The A10 can also be bought as an off-camera kit with the Profoto Connect – an easy-to-use wireless trigger. The Profoto A10 Off-Camera Kit retails for £1,049 / $1,195
The Profoto A10 is available for Canon, Nikon, Sony and Fujifilm cameras.
- Product type: Flashgun
- Launched: 23rd September 2020
- Power: 76Ws
- Energy range: 9Ev (f/2-f/10)
- Recycling time: 0.05-1.0s
- TTL: Yes
- Compatibility: Canon, Nikon, Sony and Fujifilm cameras
- Wireless connectivity: AirTTL built-in, 20 channels, 2.4 GHz (2404 to 2479.3 MHz), Profoto AirX (Bluetooth Low Energy technology)
- Power: Rechargeable Li-ion, powers up to 450 full-power flashes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.5 x 7.5 x 10.8cm
- Weight: 560 g (1.2lbs) including battery