GoPro has revised the Quik name in a refresh of its mobile app. The ability to share images from your smartphone to the Quik app is a central feature that GoPro says avoids the “black hole” problem and ensures you can always find your favourite photos and videos.
When an image, video or text thread is shared to Quik, it’s added to your private “Mural” feed. And if multiple photos or videos are shared to Quik at the same time, they are grouped together as an event.
The app also produces an editable compilation video that is beat-synced to music.
According to GoPro, Quik offers a collection of powerful but easy to use image and video editing tools.
GoPro Quik key features and benefits
- Unlimited importing of your favourite photos and videos from any phone or camera, including DSLRs and GoPros like the GoPro Hero9
- Unlimited cloud backup (available later this year) at original quality
- Automatic video creation: music-synced videos created simply by selecting the photos and videos you want to include along with a song from the included library or your own
- Choose from a growing list of royalty-free music tracks curated by GoPro or add your own music to your videos and automatically beat-sync to your videos
- Adjust exposure, contrast, colour, vibrancy
- Get creative with intuitive single and multi-clip video editing; add text, stickers and more
- Video Speed Tool: speed ramp your videos faster or slower and add super slo-mo and freeze frame segments at multiple points within a single video clip
- GoPro-exclusive filters: use dozens of filters, including many optimised for natural environment “looks,” including snow, desert, water and more
- Premium themes: choose from a growing list of sophisticated video edit themes, making it easy to give your videos a particular style or energy
- Frame grabbing: Extract photo still images from your videos
- Easysocial sharing: post directly to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and more, or share via text or email
GoPro Quik Price
Quik is free to download and use on a trial basis, however, there’s a subscription fee of £1.79/month or £9.49/year if you want to unlock the full functionality. When the backup feature is released later this year, the subscription will include unlimited cloud backup of imported photos and videos at their original quality.
GoPro Subscribers, who pay £49.99/year will have a Quik subscription included. Other benefits of a GoPro subscription include:
- £100 off up to three new GoPro cameras a year
- Up to 50% off accessories at GoPro.com
- Unlimited cloud storage of their GoPro photos and videos at original quality
- High-quality live streaming from a GoPro to GoPro’s premium streaming platform
- Guaranteed damaged camera replacement