DJI has issued a new firmware update for the Ronin-S that adds the ability to take photos, record video and control zoom with Sony cameras, as well as add AF and focus poll compatibility for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
As well as the support for Sony cameras and the Canon 5D Mark III, DJI Ronin-S firmware version 126.96.36.199 adds the following functionality:
- Added ability to take photos, record videos, and control zoom for Sony cameras using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB). To use autofocus on Sony cameras, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
- Added autofocus and focus pull support for Canon EOS 5D Mk III with supported EF lenses. To use autofocus on the Canon EOS 5D Mk III, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
- Improved the method to use Sport mode. It is no longer necessary to hold the M button to stay in Sport mode. Press and hold the M button to enter Sport mode, and then press the trigger twice to remain in Sport mode. Repeat the steps to exit Sport mode.
- Ensure that the Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
- Leave the Ronin-S turned off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro
- Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB -C port on the Ronin-S to your computer. Then proceed with the firmware update. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
- After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from the Ronin-S and then proceed to turn on the gimbal.
- If the Ronin-S is turned on when updating firmware and a camera is attached, make sure to protect the camera and lens from collision as the motors will shut off during the update process.
- If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.
- Please note that firmware update may reset various profile settings.
Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB)：Use the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB) to connect your Sony camera to the Ronin-S Camera Control Port. Shutter, recording, and auto focus can be controlled through the Ronin-S Camera Control Button. The optical zoom can be controlled through the Ronin-S Focus Wheel (only lenses with built-in power zoom, such as the Sony E PZ 18-105 mm F4 G OSS). If a non-Power Zoom lens is mounted, the Focus Wheel will control digital zoom. Digital zoom must be enabled in your camera’s settings.
Multi-Camera Control Cable (Mini USB)：Use the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Mini USB) to connect your camera and the Ronin-S Camera Control Port to control your camera through the Ronin-S Camera Control Button.
Visit DJI’s website for more information.