Olympus has released firmware version 3.0 for the OM-D E-M1 Mark II, which adds some of the autofocus and high-resolution image features from the E-M1X.
Firmware Version 3.0 for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II adds the following new features:
- Latest autofocus features such as C-AF Center Priority (delivers high-precision tracking of moving subjects), Group 25-point and C-AF+MF (allows users to instantly switch to MF while in C-AF) have been added
- Utilizing the OM-D E-M1X autofocus algorithm, the AF precision for still subjects in S-AF mode was improved for various subjects compared to OM-D E-M1 Mark II firmware Version 2.3. Active use of information from the On-chip Phase Detection AF sensor furthermore improves AF performance while shooting video
- AF low light limit is now -6.0 EV (ISO 100 equivalent for S-AF) when an F1.2 lens is attached, enabling high-precision focusing in both dark environments and for low-contrast subjects
- Noise at high ISO sensitivity is improved approx. 1/3 steps compared to firmware Version 2.3
- Low ISO Processing (Detail Priority) has been added for higher resolution when shooting at low ISO sensitivity
- USB RAW Data Edit is now supported for much faster RAW processing with the Olympus Workspace image editing software
Olympus has also released firmware version 1.1 for the OM-D E-M1X which adds support for USB RAW Data Edit for faster raw processing with the Olympus Workspace image editing software.
Click here to download the new Olympus firmware.