Lomography has announced the LomoMod No.1, a new build-it-yourself medium format camera made of cardboard, which comes with a liquid-fill lens.
Made from sustainable cardboard, the LomoMod No.1 is flat-packed for home assembly. It has a two-sided pattern, and its laser-cut pieces require no screws or glue.
There are 11 cardboard sheets in the construction, along with one sheet of aperture plates. It also comes with a shutter and aperture unit, and a 120 Film Spool.
If that doesn’t already sound…unique, the camera comes with a lens that can be filled with liquid to create different effects. Liquid is applied via a syringe, and can be anything from orange juice to red wine.
You can pre-order the LomoMod No.1 for $59.
LomoMod No.1 Specs
- Focal Length: 80 mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/11
- Aperture: Separate Waterhouse aperture units
- Focus: Fixed Focus
- Focus Distance: 2.5 m – infinity
- Focus Distance with 1 Adjustment Ring: 1.5 – 5 m
- Shutter Speeds: N (1/100), B (bulb)
- T shutter: individual T shutter lever
- Flash Sync: PC-sync Socket
- Tripod Mount: Yes
- Cable Release Socket: Yes