Leica has announced the V-Lux 5, price tag $1,250, which boasts a 20-megapixel 1-inch sensor and a 25-400mm (equivalent) f/2.8-4 ASPH lens.
Aimed at travel photographers, the Leica V-Lux 5’s fixed 16x Leica Vario-Elmarit 9.1-146mm f/2.8-4 aspherical lens is equivalent to 25 to 400mm in 35mm film format.
The V-Lux 5 also shoots 4K video at 60fps and includes a 4K Photo Mode, which lets you pull still frames from short clips of 4K video.
On the back is a 3-inch, 1.24-million-dot touchscreen, as well as a newly developed 0.39-inch, 2.36-million-dot OLED Live Viewfinder on top.
Sensitivity can be pushed up to its native ISO 12,800, and the V-Lux 5 can also deliver five stops of exposure compensation.
Other features include Focus Stacking and Post-focusing modes and compatibility with Leica’s FOTOS app to use the camera remotely.
Leica V-Lux 5 Key Specs
- 20 megapixel 1-inch sensor
- 9.1-146 mm (25-400 mm equiv.) f/2.8-4 ASPH. lens
- 2.36 megapixel OLED EVF with 0.74x magnification
- High-speed AF & 12 fps continuous burst shooting
- 4K video recording and 4K photo modes
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth connectivity with the Leica FOTOS app
The Leica V-Lux 5 is available now at Leica Stores and authorised dealers.