Fujifilm China has launched firmware version 4.00 for the X-T2, which adds a new bracketing focus feature, F-log SD card recording, support for new lenses and more performance enhancements.
The release of firmware version 4.00 for the Fuji X-T2 in China appears to pre-date the company’s other global websites, which still show version 3.00 as the most up-to-date option.
According to Fujifilm China’s website, firmware version 4.00 for the X-T2 adds the following:
1. Add “bracketing focus” function
This update feature allows photographers to capture up to 999 surround-focus photos. When the photographer starts shooting, the focus position will be adjusted according to the set focus offset position (1 – 10) with each start of the shutter.
2. Compatible with newly developed camera lenses: Fujinon MKX18-55mmT2.9 and Fujinon MKX50-135mmT2.9
This upgrade will increase compatibility with newly developed Fujinon MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and Fujinon MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens.
1) The aperture information can be displayed on the display screen to facilitate the user to select the T value or F value.
2) After this upgrade, the user will be able to check the focal length based on the distance parameters displayed on the monitor.
3) Automatically correct distortion and color/brightness/shadows.
4) The camera can automatically calculate the white balance based on the position of the lens and achieve color expression in the film simulation mode.
3. Can enlarge and customize parameter display or information
After this upgrade, users will be able to enlarge the parameter display or information in the viewfinder or LCD. In addition, users can customize the position of the information displayed on the display.
4. Added F-log SD card recording
After this upgrade, users can record F-log movie data to the SD card.
5. Added 1080/120P high speed video mode
After this upgrade, users can shoot 1080/120P high-speed video (1/2, 1/4 and 1/5 speed slow motion), which is very suitable for recording wonderful slow motion pictures.
6. Enhanced Phase Detection AF
The latest updates to the AF algorithm enhance the following features:
(1) The phase detection auto focus’s low brightness limit increases by approximately 1.5 stops (from 0.5EV to -1.0EV), improving the accuracy and speed of autofocus in low light conditions.
(2) The minimum aperture range extends from F8 to F11. For example, phase detection autofocus can now be used even when using an XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6R LM OIS WR lens with a telescopic extender XF2X TC WR installed.
(3) The AF-C performance at the time of zooming has been significantly improved, which is very advantageous for shooting other scenes where the motion picture and object motion are unpredictable.
(4) By improving the phase detection autofocus, fine surface textures of birds and wild animals can now be captured at high speed and with high accuracy.
7. Added “Go to screen flash” function.
In order to improve the quality of indoor sports photography, after this upgrade, users can reduce the flicker on the monitor when shooting under fluorescent light and other similar light sources.
8. Added “Select Folder” and “Create Folder” functions.
Allows the user to select the folder where subsequent photos are stored. Users can also enter a folder name containing 5 characters to create a new folder for subsequent pictures.
9. Supports backup/restore of camera settings via FUJIFILM X Acquire
After connecting the camera to a computer via a USB cable, users can back up camera settings to a file or restore camera settings from a file with “FUJIFILM X Acquire”. With “FUJIFILM X Acquire” (version 1.7 or later), custom registration/edit settings are also stored and read.
Firmware update version 3.00 contains the following issues
1. New AF Tracking Algorithm for More Accurate Capture of Moving Objects
With the newly developed image recognition algorithm, this firmware update will enhance the AF-C function for capturing moving subjects, which is twice as fast as the original firmware. In addition, this update also enhances the tracking function. Even the object size that is reduced by 50% compared to the original can be accurately locked.
2. Support “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” Software
After the camera is connected to a computer via a USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” software allows the user to format the photos in RAW format using the X Processor Pro processor. In addition, fast batch processing capabilities will be added for the first time. The “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” software is available for free download on Fujifilm official website.
3. Improve Wireless Flash Controller Availability
This update allows users to control third-party studio flashes compatible with the wireless controller in high-speed sync or TTL mode.
4. Support backup/restore of camera settings via “FUJIFILM X Acquire” software
After connecting the camera to a computer via a USB cable, “FUJIFILM X Acquire” software allows the user to back up files in the camera or restore the camera settings using backup. This function allows you to copy the settings of one camera to another camera.
5, support for Instax SHARE SP-3
6, RGB histogram display and highlight alarm
7, when the ISO is set to automatic, exposure compensation is “C”, the viewfinder and LCD display slightly different, the new firmware to repair this phenomenon.
Via Fuji Addict