Mobile phones are an intergral part of everyday life and like action cameras they’re designed to be taken everywhere, so it’s no wonder they partner so well.
As standard the GoPro Hero4 Black and Silver are both WiFi enabled, and with a few quick button presses along with the correct passwords and codes you can quickly get the two devices to work together.
Once you have your GoPro connected to your mobile device you can then use the large screen as a remote control and liveview for the GoPro, you can even review, download and share your footage.
Setup is extremely straight forward and should take a maximum of five minutes. The first step is to download and install the GoPro app, now called ‘Capture’ and then create a connection between the two devises.
How to connect your GoPro Hero4 to a mobile device
- Start by picking up your mobile device and going to either the iOS or Android app store and searching for GoPro.
- Select the ‘Capture’ app and download.
- Open the GoPro ‘Capture App and select ‘Connect Your Camera’.
- Press the “Add New” button in the top right of the screen.
- Select GoPro Hero4 Black (Or your model of camera)
- Startup your GoPro
- Press the Mode button on the front until you reach ‘Setup’, press the shutter button to confirm
- Press the shutter button again to enter ‘Wireless’, Click the mode button twice to select ‘Pair’ and the shutter button to confirm
- Choose ‘Capture App’ press the shutter button to confirm
- Switch back to the ‘Capture App’ and click continue
- Enter the pairing code on the GoPro into the app and press ‘Pair’
- Click ‘Continue’
- Go to your mobile devices WiFi settings and select your GoPro from the list, enter your Wifi password when prompted.
- Now return to ‘Capture’. You should now be able to connect to your GoPro Hero4 through your mobile device.