However, perhaps most interestingly is their claim that it will use an EF mount.
As Mirrorless Rumors reports, the supposed Canon full-frame CSC spec sheet will read:
- EF mount will be native
- New exclusive image sensor for the camera
- New sensor technology required for the EF mount in a mirrorless application
- There will be no new “dedicated” lenses, but mirrorless will be “considered in all future EF lens design”
- 4K video is considered a necessary feature in all full frame cameras going forward
- One full frame mirrorless camera body to start
- There is testing at Canon of a more hybrid approach between DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras
While we here at Camera Jabber wouldn’t be surprised to see a Canon full-frame mirrorless camera hit the market – after all, its chief rival Nikon told us it was working on one at the last Photokina – that it would use an EF mount does seem rather surprising.
All we can do is watch this space…