Canon could be poised to announce a full-frame mirrorless camera at Photokina 2018, which would feature an EF mount, according to Canon rumour sites.
However, perhaps most interestingly is their claim that it will use an EF mount.
As Mirrorless Rumors reports, the supposed Canon full-frame CSC spec sheet will read:
- EF mount will be native
- New exclusive image sensor for the camera
- New sensor technology required for the EF mount in a mirrorless application
- There will be no new “dedicated” lenses, but mirrorless will be “considered in all future EF lens design”
- 4K video is considered a necessary feature in all full frame cameras going forward
- One full frame mirrorless camera body to start
- There is testing at Canon of a more hybrid approach between DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras
While we here at Camera Jabber wouldn’t be surprised to see a Canon full-frame mirrorless camera hit the market – after all, its chief rival Nikon told us it was working on one at the last Photokina – that it would use an EF mount does seem rather surprising.
All we can do is watch this space…