YI has released a firmware update for its M1 mirrorless camera that improves AF speed and a slew of other enhancements.
AF speed was one of the big complaints about the YI M1 following its launch, and YI says the new firmware significantly improves this. The firmware update also adds Raw + JPEG shooting, AF/MF control for video capture, exposure control in the P, A, S and M modes when shooting video, new focus viewing modes and a histogram in live view for both still and video capture.
Other features include:
- Added still image option in Time Lapse
- Added the option to shoot 1-3 images when using the self-timer function with an initial 2 second or 10 second timer settings
- Added new focus viewing modes with improved image quality including: 6x, 8x and 10x magnification in MF mode
- Added 2 ways to show the Metering mode in the UI
- Added the user guide (Restoring factory settings to view)
- Added multiple selection of images for deletion.
- Added 2 new options for the display grid
- AE algorithm optimization
- Master Guide template display logic optimized
YI says the M1 firmware update also fixes a number of known bugs with the camera.