Think Tank has just announced their latest Pro level roller case aimed at videographers.
One of the most significant issues as a pro videographer is ensuring that all of your kits reaches its destination in one piece, and in full working order.
Flight cases might ensure that your cameras and tripods stay safe in the hold but once you arrive your kit still needs protection as you transfer to your location.
When you reach pro level kit the price of the cameras, lenses and tripods rapidly escalates as does the size and weight, so anything that makes life easier is always welcome.
Especially when it comes to moving that kit around.
The Video Tripod Manager 44 is a large-scale roller bag specifically designed to protect your video tripod or other kit when in transit, and enable you easy move it around once you arrive at your destination.
The case offers hard case protection with soft case convenience and is designed to hold cinema-sized tripods, stands, sliders or modifiers up to 40-inches in height.
To enable easy movement the case features handles on four sides making it easy to stack and load into vehicles when needed.
Protection for your kit comes in the form of plenty of padding with crush-resistant ABS twin-wall to further protect contents from impact.
Think Tank has also thought about the quality of the rolling stock with shock-absorbing wheels that will ensure smooth rolling over most terrains, within reason of course.
Material wise the exterior is all fabric treated with DWR while fabric underside that is coated with PU for superior water resistance, 1680D ballistic nylon, YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, custom designed extra tall skid plates, replaceable shock-absorbing wheels, antique plated metal hardware, nylon seatbelt webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
The internal materials include 210D silver-toned nylon, 420HD nylon, closed cell foam, open cell foam bolsters, twin-wall stiffened divider, belly-o mesh pockets, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Video Tripod Manager 44 specifications
Exterior Dimensions: 12.6 W x 44.5 H x 12.6-inch D (32 x 113 x 32 cm)
Interior Dimensions: 9.8 W x 40.2 H x 9.8-inch D (25 x 102 x 25 cm)
Weight: 17.8 lbs. (8 kg)
Here are a few of the key features of the Think Tank Video Tripod Manager 44.
- Included lock and cable secure the main compartment and case to a fixed object
- Multiple tie-down straps secure tripod, stands or slider when transporting between locations
- Coffin-style opening gives unencumbered access to gear
- YKK® RC Fuse zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon and ABS Twinwall reinforcement are the highest quality materials in the industry
- Bolster cushions provide support for different sized gear
- ID plate can be registered on the Think Tank website to help locate a lost or stolen bag
- Large interior mesh pockets for organizing tools and accessories
- Adjustable lid straps keep bag open and accessible
- Rear skid rails and tall wheel housings allow easy vehicle loading
- Easy-to-clean internal bottom lining for messy shoot locations
- Clear pocket for documents and easy identification on top panel
- User-replaceable wheels and hardware
For more details check out the Think Tank website