Sony has announced a new E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens for APS-C E-mount cameras, which boasts a 7.5x optical zoom and an equivalent focal length of 27-202.5mm.
The new Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS is aimed at a5000 and a6000-series users and covers the wide-angle to telephoto range.
The lens employs 2 Extra-low Dispersion and 1 aspherical glass elements to help minimise aberrations, and offers a minimum focusing distance of 0.45m and a maximum magnification ratio of 0.29x.
A new linear motor promises quieter, more precise AF performance, Sony says, and it also employs the company’s Optical SteadyShot stabilisation system.
The Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens weighs just 325g and measures 67.2mm x 88mm.
The Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS price tag will be $570 with a release date of February.
Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Key Specs
- E-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 27-202.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Maximum Aperture Range: f/3.5-5.6
- Two ED Elements & One Aspherical Element
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Linear AF Motor
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.5′
- Seven-Blade Circular Diaphragm