Sigma has announced the 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN for L-Mount and E-Mount cameras, a new standard zoom promising high resolution throughout the focal range.
Sigma’s new ‘Art zoom’ lens features 19 elements, including six sheets of F low dispersion glass and two sheets of special low dispersion glass, which Sigma says help reduce aberrations.
What’s more it also features a Super Multi-Layer and Nano Porous Coatings to prevent flare.
Designed for use with L-mount and Sony E-mount cameras, the new Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 will be compatible with their built-in features such as Eye-Detection AF.
Sigma says it has also providing the new Art zoom’s stepping motor with its latest algorithm to ensure fast, precise AF performance. It can also focus as close as 18cm.
The Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 weighs just 835g and uses 82mm filters. Other features include:
- Zoom lock switch
- Lens hood with a lock
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof structure
- Compatible with the Lens Aberration Correction
- Available Mount conversion service
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
Sigma says price information and availability will come at a later date.