Panasonic has announced a new telephoto lens, introducing the LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 MACRO OIS, which is priced at £1,259.99.
The new LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 MACRO OIS is an L-mount lens for Panasonic’s full-frame Lumix S series cameras. Its construction is comprised of 17 elements in 11 groups, which includes one Ultra Extra-low Dispersion lens, two Extra-low Dispersion lenses and one Ultra-High Refractive element.
The new Panasonic macro lens offers a minimum focusing distance of 0.54m and achieves a maximum magnification of 0.5x for recording half-life size images and video.
The LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 MACRO OIS is equipped with optical image stabilisation which, when combined with in-body image stabilisation in the Lumix S series cameras makes it possible to shoot handheld at up to 5.5 stops slower shutter speeds.
Other features include a dust- and splash-proof design and a fluorine coating on the front element to repel water and oil.
Panasonic Lumix S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 MACRO OIS Price and Availability
The LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 MACRO OIS price tag is £1,259.99 / €1,349.99, with a release date set for the beginning of May. You can pre-order the new lens at retailers such as B&H Photo Video.
Follow the link to read our early Panasonic LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 MACRO OIS review.
- Lens type: Full-frame telephoto zoom
- Announced: 18th February 2021
- Mount: L
- Focal length: 70-300mm
- Construction: 17 elements in 11 groups with 1 UED (Ultra Extra-low Dispersion), 2 ED (Extra-low Dispersion)and 1 UHR (Ultra-High Refractive Index) elements
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5 at 70mm, f/5.6 at 300mm
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Angle of view: 34°-8.3°
- Minimum focus distance: 0.54m / 1.77ft at 70mm and 0.74m / 2.43ft at focal 300mm
- Optical Image Stabilizer: Yes
- Filter size: 77mm
- Maximum diameter: 84mm
- Length: 148mm to the base of the lens mount
- Weight: 790g / 1.74lb