Nikon has announced the Z7 II, price tag £2,999 / €3,442, an update of the original Z7 full-frame mirrorless camera that boasts a number of new performance enhancements.
The Nikon Z7 II boasts the same 45.7-megapixel backside-illuminated sensor as the original Z7 but is paired with Nikon’s new dual Expeed 6 processing engines for faster operation.
The new speed enhancements enable users to capture to capture up to 200 JPEGs or 77 12-bit raw files in one burst. The extra processing power also enables the Z7 II’s Eye Detection and focusing to function in video mode.
Video-wise, the Nikon Z7 II can record 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video, with the maximum frame rate boosted from 30p to 60p, while Full HD video is capable at up to 120p.
The Nikon Z7 II also boasts a 493-point AF system, which can recognise human and animal subjects, and offers improved AF in low-light scenes.
Other features include a 3690k-dot electronic viewfinder and exposure metering down to -4 EV when shooting with an f/2 (or faster) lens.
Like the new Z6 II, the Nikon Z7 II also adds an extra memory card slot and supports CFexpress, XQD and SD memory cards.
Nikon Z7II Price and Release Date
The Nikon Z7 II body weighs in at 705g and measures 134 x 100.5 x 69.5mm.
The Nikon Z7 II release date is set for winter 2020.
- Camera type: Full-frame mirrorless camera
- Announced: 14th October 2020
- Lens mount: Nikon Z
- Sensor: Full-frame (FX 35.9 x 23.9mm) 45.7MP backside illuminated (BSI) sensor
- Processing engine: Dual Expeed 6
- Stabilisation: 5-axis in-body VR
- Sensitivity: ISO 64-25,600, expandable to ISO 32-102,400
- Maximum continuous shooting rate: 10fps for up to 200Jpegs or 77 12-bit uncompressed raw files, 9fps with 14-bit raw files
- Autofocus system: Hybrid with phase and contrast detection
- Phase detection points: 493
- Video resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160) 60/50/30/25/24p, Full-HD (1920 x 1080) 120/100/60/50/30/25/24p, Slow-motion mode 1920 x 1080 30p x4/25p x4/24p
- Viewfinder: 0.5-inch 3.69-million-dot electronic viewfinder
- Screen: 3.2-inch 2,100,000-dot tilting touch-screen
- Storage: Dual slot 1 XQD/CFexpress and 1 SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 134 x 100.5 x 69.5mm / 5.3 x 4 x 2.8-inches
- Weight: 705g with battery and memory card but without body cap, 615g body only