Venus Optics has announced that the Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO Lens will now be available for Canon RF and Nikon Z lens mounts.
Winning the TIPA award was a first for a Chinese company and was the second award to be gained by this lens.
The lens was originally launched in June 2019 and was the 2nd 2:1 Macro lens with infinity focus in the Laowa lens range. The original launch featured the Canon EF, Nikon F and Sony FE options.
The 2:1 ratio means that the lens magnifies life by X2 enlarge micro subjects on the sensor. Usually, a macro lens will feature a 1:1 ratio, and any magnification would require special adapters.
This makes the lens an ideal choice for macro, product and portrait photography.
The Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO lens and features an apochromatic (APO) design. Longitudinal and lateral chromatic aberration is carefully controlled by the 2pcs extra-low dispersion elements to minimise any effects of chromatic aberration.
Pricing & Availability
The suggested retail selling price in the US of the new Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO lens is USD 449/pc (ex-VAT). Pricing varies in different countries.
For more details on the lens check out venuslens.net/product/laowa-100mm-f-2-8-2x-macro-apo/
- LAOWA 100mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO Format Compatibility Full Frame
- Focal Length 100mm Angle of view 24.4°
- Aperture f/2.8 – 22 Lens Structure 12 elements in 10 groups
- Aperture Blades – 13 Canon R, Nikon Z
- Min. Focusing Distance 24.7cm (2X Magnification)
- Max. Magnification 2:1 (2X)
- Filter Thread 67mm
- Dimensions Φ72mm×155mm Canon R, Nikon Z
- Weight 650g Canon R, Nikon Z
- Suggested Retail Price US $449 (Ex. VAT)