A new Canon EOS R5, could boast 8K video recording, built-in stabilisation and a 45-megapixel sensor, according to new rumours.
Canon Rumors says it is standing firmly behind what it claims are leaked specifications for the new Canon full-frame mirrorless camera, while will be released in July.
Among the headline-grabbing specifications are 8K video recording at 30fps, 4K video at 120fps, In-body Image Stabilisation (IBIS) and 20fps burst shooting with the electronic shutter.
Rumoured Canon EOS R5 Specs
- 45mp full-frame CMOS sensor
- 5 stops with IBIS alone
- 7-8 stops of correction when used with in-lens stabilisation
- 12fps mechanical, 20fps electronic
- Scroll wheel added to the back
- No touch bar
- Liveview/Movie toggle like previous EOS DSLRs
- Larger capacity battery, but looks like the LP-E6
- 8K @ 30fps RAW
- 4K @ 120fps
- 4K @ 60fps
- Built-in 5GHz WiFi
- New battery, but the same shape and compatibility as the EOS 5D Mark IV
Canon Rumors says that while the EOS R5 should launch in July, we can expect it to be officially announced at the CP+ trade show in Japan in February 2020.