Aurora Aperture has announced a new rear-mount filter system, price tag rating from $43 to $113, which designed for use with wide-angle lenses.
Compatible with Canon, Nikon, Sony and Sigma mounts, the new Aurora Aperture rear-mount filter employs a magnetic mounting system that aims to simplify installation.
Lenses that support the Aurora Aperture rear mount filter
The new Aurora Aperture rear mount filter system supports the following lenses:
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM
- Canon EF 11-24mm F4L USM
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L USM & EF 14mm f/2.8L USM II
- Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM (EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM not supported)
- Canon EF 17-35mm f/2.8L USM
- Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
- Nikon AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
- Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art
- Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art
- Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Art (Sony E, L mounts)
- Sony FE 12-24mm F4 G
The Aurora Aperture filters are made of Schott D 263 T eco thin glass with multi-layer nano-coatings that help reduce light and produce more accurate colours.
The filters available include:
- PowerNDTM, neutral density (ND) filters of light reduction strength in:
• ND4 (2 stops)
• ND16 (4 stops)
• ND64 (6 stops)
• ND256 (8 stops)
• ND4000 (12 stops)
- PowerGNDTM, soft graduated neutral density (GND) filters of light reduction strength in: • ND3 (1.5 stops)
• ND6 (2.5 stops) • ND12 (3.5 stops)
- PowerDuskTM, a light pollution reduction filter for astrophotography and for cityscape photography in blue hours by reducing artificial light pollution.
Aurora Aperture has made its new rear-mount filters available on Kickstarter, where it states they should begin shipping from September 2020.