X-Rite has announced a new family of different-sized versions of its ColorChecker tools, introducing the ColorChecker Nano, Mini, XL and MEGA.
The new ColorCheker Nano, Mini, XL and MEGA sizes will be available for both the X-Rite ColorChecker Classic and Video targets.
The five new products joining the existing ColorChecker lineup include:
- ColorChecker Classic Nano: 1×1.75” (24x40mm) – for macro or close up photography
- ColorChecker Classic Mini: 2.5×4.25”( 63.5×109 mm) – for archival photography or where the protective case of the Passport is too cumbersome
- ColorChecker Classic XL: 21×14.75” (53.3×37.5 cm) – for photographers working in large studios, doing long distance photography or camera/lighting testing. This target is available in three configurations: target only, target plus sleeve, target plus case
- ColorChecker Classic Mega: 40×60” (100×152 cm) – for photographers working on large sets and doing extreme distance photography or camera/lighting testing
- ColorChecker Video Mega: 40×60” (100×152 cm) – for filmmakers working on large sets and doing extreme distance filmmaking or camera/lighting testing
The X-Rite ColorChecker Video MEGA is the most expensive of the new sizes and will be priced $2,250. The ColorChecker Classic Mini price tag is $65, rising to $185 for the Classic Nano. The ColorChecker Classic XL will be priced $389.