Venus Optics has announced a duo of new wide-angle lenses, introducing the Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro and 9mm f/2.8 ZERO-D for APS-C cameras.
Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra is priced $399 with an April release date in Canon EF, Nikon F, Pentax K and Sony FE mounts.
The Laowa 25mm f/2.8 specifications include:
- Field of View: 10.3 degrees
- Lens construction: 6 groups 8 pieces
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Maximum aperture: F 2.8
- Minimum photographing distance: 173 mm to 223.5 mm
- Working Distance: 40 mm – 45 mm
- Shooting magnification: 2.5 times to 5 times
- Number of diaphragm blade: 8
- Weight: 400 g
The Venus Optics Laowa 9mm f/2.8 ZERO-D APS-C will also be released in April, however price information wasn’t available at the time of writing.
The Laowa 9mm f/2.8 will be available in Fujifilm X, Canon EF-M and Sony E mounts. Its specifications include:
- Viewing angle: 113 degrees (corresponding format: APS-C)
- Lens construction: 10 groups of 15
- Number of diaphragm blades: 7
- Shortest shooting distance: 12 cm
- Maximum magnification: 0.13 times
- Filter diameter: φ 49 mm