Sony has added the 16-55mm f/2.8 G standard zoom lens and the 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens to its E-mount range, price tags £1200 and £830, respectively.
The the E 16-55mm F2.8 G standard zoom lens is equivalent to 24-82.5mm in 35mm terms and is designed for landscapes, portraits and everyday photography.
Sony 16-55mm F2.8 G specs
- High corner-to-corner resolution throughout the zoom range even at F2.8
- Two AA (advanced aspherical) and two aspherical elements suppress aberration for outstanding corner-to-corner G Lens resolution, while three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements reduce chromatic aberration and colour bleeding to a minimum
- Clear and high image quality by suppressing flare and ghosting by adoption of Nano AR coating
- 9-blade circular aperture mechanism and precisely controlled spherical aberration ensure beautiful bokeh
- Bright constant F2.8 optics in a compact, lightweight lens weighing just 494 grams
- XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motor – as equipped in G Master™ series lenses – utilised for fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking
- Professional control and reliability
- Customisable focus hold button for instantaneous operation
- Linear Response MF for fine, responsive manual focus control
- Dust and moisture resistant design in order to deal with difficult outdoor conditions
- Fluorine coated front element to resist dirt and fingerprints
The E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens is equivalent to 105-525mm and offers a 5x zoom in a compact, lightweight body design.
Sony 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS specs
- Excellent corner-to-corner G Lens image quality all the way to 350mm
- One aspherical lens suppresses optical aberration and provide outstanding resolution from corner-to-corner
- Three ED glass elements effectively arranged suppress chromatic aberration and control colour blur even at corners
- Circular aperture contributes to soft, beautiful bokeh
- Compact, lightweight design weighing just 625 grams makes this 5x super-telephoto zoom remarkably mobile
- Sony’s advanced XD Linear Motor technology in an APS-C format lens, for fast, precise AF and tracking
- Excellent control and reliability
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation makes it easier to capture images with greatly reduced blur, particularly when shooting at super-telephoto focal lengths
- A conveniently placed focus hold button can be assigned to a variety of functions via camera body
- An AF/MF focus mode switch on the lens makes it easy to quickly switch between auto and manual focus to respond to changing shooting needs
- Engage the zoom lock switch to prevent the lens from extending under its own weight during transportation
- Dust and moisture resistant design
The Sony 16-55mm f/2.8 G price tag will be £1200 / €1300, while the Sony 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 price tag will be £830 / €900.