SLR / SLT
An SLR, or single lens reflex camera, traditionally employs a mirror and prism system that allows a photographer to effectively see through the lens and know what will be captured. In fact, the word 'reflex' in SLR is a shortened version of 'reflection'.
When a photographer presses the shutter release button is pressed on an SLR, the mirror flips out of the light path, allowing light to pass through to the sensor so that a photograph can be captured. SLRs are still among the most popular cameras to shoot with for the high specifications and versatility.
On this page we will keep you up to date with all the latest news about DSLR announcements, first impressions of them the moment they are announced and full, in-depth reviews of these SLRs as and when they become available. Here you'll also find buying guides to help you choose the best SLR to suit your needs, as well as tutorials to help you start using your DSLR to its full potential.
- GoPro Hero8 Black: specs we’d like to see 566 views
- How to GoPro skiing: tips for mounts and camera positions 331 views
- Sony A6400: price, release date, official specs confirmed 202 views
- Best Memory cards for GoPro Hero7 Black 178 views
- iPhone XS vs Huawei Mate 20 Pro: which is best for photography? 156 views
- 11 tips for using the Huawei P20 Pro to its full potential 155 views
- DJI Spark 2: specs, release date, news and rumours 153 views
- The best camera rumours of 2019 153 views
- How to use GoPro Hero7 Black live streaming 138 views
- Nikon Z 6 Review: Updated with Pro Comment 128 views