SLR / SLT
An SLR, or single lens reflex camera, traditionally employs a mirror and prism system that allows a photographer to effectively see through the lens and know what will be captured. In fact, the word 'reflex' in SLR is a shortened version of 'reflection'.
When a photographer presses the shutter release button is pressed on an SLR, the mirror flips out of the light path, allowing light to pass through to the sensor so that a photograph can be captured. SLRs are still among the most popular cameras to shoot with for the high specifications and versatility.
On this page we will keep you up to date with all the latest news about DSLR announcements, first impressions of them the moment they are announced and full, in-depth reviews of these SLRs as and when they become available. Here you'll also find buying guides to help you choose the best SLR to suit your needs, as well as tutorials to help you start using your DSLR to its full potential.
- Hands-on Nikon Z 6 Review: Updated 242 views
- Best Memory cards for GoPro Hero7 Black 203 views
- Fujifilm XF10 review 130 views
- How to use GoPro Hero 7 Black live streaming 93 views
- Nikon D850 vs Fujifilm GFX 50S: Image Quality Comparison 85 views
- Nikon Z 7 Review: Updated with Pro Photographers’ Comments 81 views
- Best Compact Cameras in 2018 75 views
- The best camera rumours of 2018: Updated September 2018 71 views
- GoPro Hero7 Black Review 67 views
- Nikon Z6 to begin shipping a week early in US 66 views