SLR / SLT
An SLR, or single lens reflex camera, traditionally employs a mirror and prism system that allows a photographer to effectively see through the lens and know what will be captured. In fact, the word 'reflex' in SLR is a shortened version of 'reflection'.
When a photographer presses the shutter release button is pressed on an SLR, the mirror flips out of the light path, allowing light to pass through to the sensor so that a photograph can be captured. SLRs are still among the most popular cameras to shoot with for the high specifications and versatility.
On this page we will keep you up to date with all the latest news about DSLR announcements, first impressions of them the moment they are announced and full, in-depth reviews of these SLRs as and when they become available. Here you'll also find buying guides to help you choose the best SLR to suit your needs, as well as tutorials to help you start using your DSLR to its full potential.
- GoPro Hero8 Black: specs we’d like to see 432 views
- Ricoh GR III Review 209 views
- Benro RedDog R1 Review: Hands on 118 views
- Our review of using Amazon Prime for photo storage 115 views
- Best variable ND filter in 2019 80 views
- Fujifilm X-T30 vs X-T20 80 views
- DJI Spark 2: specs, release date, news and rumours 69 views
- Fujifilm X-T30 Review in Progress with Full-Res Images 67 views
- Leica Q2 Review with Full-Res Sample Images 60 views
- Nikon Z 6 Review: Updated with Wildlife Pro Comment 58 views