Serif’s photo editing software, Affinity Window – price tag $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99 until 22 December – is now available to buy for Windows, the company has announced.
What’s more, Serif has unveiled Affinity Photo 1.5 update, adding a wider range of new features to the Mac version of of the software (the Windows version matches the Mac version feature-for-feature, Serif says).
Among the new features in Affinity Photo 1.5 are:
- Macros to record and replay a set of commands
- Advanced HDR merge producing deep unbounded 32-bit images
- A full tone mapping workspace for both HDR and LDR images
- Focus stacking to achieve large depth of field from multiple images
- Full batch processing to process large folders of images in one go
- An all-new way to edit 360 degree images
- Direct PSD write-back
- 32-bit editing including OpenEXR import & export
- Automatic lens corrections based on profiles of thousands of lens & body combinations
The update also introduces support for the Touch Bar on the new Apple MacBook Pro.
Until 22 December 2016 the Affinity Photo for Windows price tag will be discounted to $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99, with no subscription. Existing owners of the Mac version can download the 1.5 update free of charge.
After 22 December, the normal price will be $49.99 / £39.99 / €49.99 for the software with updates included.
Affinity Photo is the second in a new trio of applications from Serif. Affinity Designer, a vector graphics tool, is already available for both Mac and Windows. And a layout tool, Affinity Publisher, is due to launch in 2017.