Serif has announced a major update to its Affinity Photo for iPad software, including expanded touch gesture control, a new Export persona and more.
Key among the new features in Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.9 are expanded support for touch gesture control, refined UI and brush management, a new Export persona for instantly exporting multiple layers and slices, among other performance improvements. Among these include:
- Undo/Redo gesture with two/three finger tap.
- Export persona – a new workspace for exporting regions of your image as slices.
- Added drag modifiers to studio icons for colour, text, navigator and history.
- Added support for brush nozzle base texture mode.
- Added canvas rotation control via Navigator Studio.
- Added swipe gesture to swap primary and secondary colours on the Colour Studio
- Context menu now uses a long-press release gesture to invoke.
- Added two-finger hold gesture to resize a layer from its centre.
- During shape creation, a two-finger hold gesture will transform the layer.
- On the Layers Studio, with a layer selected, a two-finger tap on another layer will select all layers in between.
- On the Layers Studio, pinch inwards (either vertically or horizontally) to group selected layers. To ungroup, do the opposite and pinch out.
- With the Move Tool active, a two-finger hold gesture on a layer plus a one finger drag duplicates the selected layer.
- Easy access to merge and rasterise commands via Layer Studio icons.
- Improved brush stroke lag and small stroke response.
- Brushes remember previously used stroke settings.
- Move any custom brush to any category.
- Added support for on-screen keyboard trackpad mode.
- Added Tab key to on-screen keyboard context bar.
- Updated Persona icons.
Affinity Photo for iPad is available now without subscription from the App Store. Existing users can download the updated version free of charge at any time.
For more information visit Serif’s website.