Profoto has announced a new easy-to-use wireless flash trigger called the Profoto Connect. It’s a small, silky-feeling black pod that mounts in your camera’s hotshoe to fire Profoto flashguns and studio lights.
It has just 3 settings, auto, manual and off. In auto mode, it will fire the flash in TTL-mode so the camera handles the exposure. However, there’s also manual mode if you want more control. Of course, you can also start in auto mode to assess the exposure and then switch to manual to take control.
Profoto has given the Connect Bluetooth connectivity so that it can link with an iPhone to give control via the free Profoto app. This app has a simple slider that lets you adjust the flash output.
- Button-free trigger for all Profoto AirTTL lights
- Hotshoe mounted
- Wirelessly connection between camera and light
- Three settings: Auto, manual and off
- Auto mode: Point and shoot with automatic flash power
- Manual mode: Fine-tune the flash settings
- Smart connectivity with the Profoto app (compatible with iPhone 7 and later)
- Small, lightweight and minimalistic design
- Built-in rechargeable LiPo battery – 30-hour battery life
- Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz with 8 channels
- Range: Up to 300m (1000 ft) (free line of sight in open space)
- Diameter: 45 mm (1.77 in) Height: 29 mm (1.14 in)
- Weight: 43g
The Profoto Connect will be available in Canon, Sony, Nikon, Fujifilm and Olympus fit. It is set to retail for £259 including VAT or $299 before local sales tax.