Profoto has announced the B10X and B10X Plus, portable lights that build on the Profoto B10 and B10 Plus.
Both B10X units have 30% greater continuous light output with a maximum level of 3250 lumens. They also have faster recycling times than their predecessors with the B10X recycling in as little as 1.35sec (compared to 2 sec with the B10) and the B10X Plus recycling in 2sec instead of 2.5 sec with the B10 Plus.
Like the B10 and B10 Plus, the Profoto B10X and B10X Plus are designed to be easy to use and have clean, user-friendly interfaces.
In addition, the new lights feature Profoto’s Bluetooth-enabled AirX technology which enables them to be used with a smartphone.
Naturally, the B10X and B20X Plus are compatible with Profoto’s extensive range of light shaping tools.
Profoto B10X and B10X Plus key features
- Max energy: B10X 250 Ws, B10X Plus 500 Ws
- Size and shape of a camera lens
- Lightweight and cordless
- Optional with the flash power of 10 speedlights (B10 Plus) or 5 speedlights (B10)
- Powerful continuous light with adjustable brightness and color temperature
- Flexibility to set up on camera tripods or light stands
- Compatibility with 120+ Profoto light shaping tools including the OCF range
- Compatibility with all Profoto Air remotes, including the Profoto A-series
- AirX built-in (Profoto Bluetooth technology)
- Smart connectivity with the Profoto app
Profoto B10X and B10X Plus Price
The Profoto B10X is set to retail for £1,695 while the Profoto B10X Plus will cost £1,995. The lights will also be sold in pairs as a duo kit for £3,355 and £3,950 respectively.