Profoto has announced the B10 Plus, a 500Ws version of the existing 250Ws Profoto B10. This means that the B10 Plus has twice the power of the B10. Although it’s around 7cm longer than the B10, the B10 Plus still only measures 23.5 x 11 x 11cm, putting it close to the size of a lens like a 70-200mm f/2.8. That means it’s very portable and designed for use on location.
The B10 Plus uses the same clip-in rechargeable battery as the B10, which means it gets fewer flashes per charge, but spares are available for around £189.
The Profoto B10 Plus is available individually or as a Duo Kit. This comprises two B10 Plus units and the Profoto Core Backpack S. This is specifically designed to carry the B10 series lights along with a camera.
Like the B10, the Profoto B10 Plus has an integrated continuous light with a variable output range. This can be used as a modelling light or for shooting stills and video. Helpfully, it allows the colour temperature to be adjusted to suit the ambient light.
The Profoto B10 Plus is compatible with any of Profoto’a lightweight OCF range and over 120 other light shaping tools from Profoto’s range.
Profoto keeps ease of use firmly to the fore and the B10 Plus has a simple interface. It can also be triggered and controlled by any Profoto Air Remote, or the Profoto A1/A1X. Plus, thanks to its Bluetooth connectivity, the light can connect to the Profoto app for remote control over its settings.
The B10 Plus also features a removable stand adaptor so it can be mounted on a tripod or a light stand.
- Max energy 500 Ws
- Energy range 10 f-stops (1.0-10)
- Recycling time 0.05-2.5s
- Energy stability 0.2 f-stops
- F-stop @ 2m / 100 ISO 32.7 with OCF Magnum reflector 16.7 without reflector
- Photocell/IR-slave and switch
- Umbrella mount
Continuous / modeling light
- Max output (lumens) 2500 lm
- Lamp type LED
- Dimming range (%) 100-10%
- Color temp (⁰K) Adjustable 3000-6500K (+-500K)
- Color rendering (CRI) 90-96
- Input power supply Same Li-Ion battery as B10
- Battery capacity Up to 200 full power flashes
- Up to 75 minutes full continuous light
- Battery charges in less than 90 minutes
- Wireless connectivity
- Air Yes, compatible with all Profoto Air Remotes and Profoto A1
- Supported Air features: Flash sync, Remote control, TTL, High-Speed Sync
- Air sync range Sync and remote control 0.5-300 m (1.5-1000ft), HSS and TTL: 0.5-100 m (1.5-330 ft)
- Bluetooth Yes
- Supported Bluetooth features Profoto app
- Length 23.5cm (9.3 in) Width 11 cm (4.3 in) Height 10 cm (3.9 in)
- Weight 1.9 kg (4.2 lbs ) including battery and stand adapter
- USB-C port for firmware upgrades
- Sync socket(s) No
Profoto B10 Plus Price
The suggested retail prices are:
Profoto B10 Plus: £1,795.00 / €1665.83
Profoto B10 Plus Duo: £3,595.00 / €3329.17
B10 Plus Case: £89.00 / €82.5