Profoto has announced the B10, a new small, portable cordless off-camera flash that’s designed to slip in your bag amongst your lenses. However, Profoto claims it produces around 5x more light than the average speedlight/flashgun.
The B10 can also be used as continuous light for stills or video.
And despite its small size, it’s compatible with Profoto’s studio light accessories. The B10 also has a stand mount that can be removed quickly to enable it to be mounted on a tripod.
Meanwhile, the battery is removable and can be charged separately. Alternatively, it can be charged while you’re using the light.
A dial on the back of the B10 allows you to adjust brightness and colour temperature.
- Small and cordless
- 250W power
- TTL & High-Speed Sync
- Continuous light with adjustable brightness and colour temperature
- Compatibility with 120+ Profoto light shaping tools
- Compatibility with all Profoto AirTTL Remotes
- Connect and control with a smartphone using the Profoto app
The B10 can be wirelessly controlled and triggered by any Profoto AirTTL remote or the Profoto A1. What’s more, there’s a range of up to 300m/1000ft and It can be used in TTL or manual mode.
Profoto has also introduced a smartphone app for iOS devices. As well as giving another method of remote control, the app can be used to download and install firmware updates to the flash.
Interestingly, the app also allows the B10 to be used with the phone camera.
- Max energy: 250Ws
- Energy range: 10 f-stops (1.0-10)
- HSS energy range: 10 f-stops (1.0-10)
- Continuous light: Max 2500 lumens
- 3000-6500 Kelvin
- CRI 90-96
- Battery capacity: Up to 400 full power flashes or up to 75 minutes with max continuous light
- Battery charging: Up to 1.5 hours with Battery charger 3.0A
- Size: 175 × 150 x 110 mm (6.9 × 5.9 × 4.3 in) including stand adapter or 175 x 100 x 110 mm (6.9 x 3.9 x 4.3 in) excluding stand adapter
- Weight: 1.5 kg (3.3 lb) incl. battery & stand adapter
- Nikon mirrorless cameras: price, specs, release date announced