Panasonic has announced a new bridge camera, introducing the Lumix FZ1000 II – price tag £769.99 / €849.99 – with a release date set for end of March.
The Panasonic FZ1000 II boasts a 1-inch 20.1-megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS sensor and a 16x LEICA* DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens.
The FZ1000 II lens offers a 35mm equivalent focal length of 25-400mm with a new Zoom Compose Assist feature that ensures you don’t lose your subject when it suddenly leaves the frame.
There is also a new 0.39-inch OLED Live View Finder with 2,360k-dot resolution and 0.74x magnification. And on the back is a 3-inch, 1,250k-dot fully articulated touchscreen which can rotate 180 degrees to the site or 270 degrees up and down.
Below are the key specs for the Panasonic FZ1000 II.
Panasonic FZ1000 II Specs
- 1-inch-high sensitivity CMOS sensor
- 16x LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 25-400mm lens
- High-resolution Live View Finder
- 4K Photo mode with Post Focus, Focus Stacking
- 4K video
- 5-axis Hybrid O.I.S.+ (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- Photo Styles, including the new L.Monochrome D mode for enhanced monochrome images.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (4.2) and Wi-Fi connectivity (IEEE802.11b/g/n)
- Long-Life Battery with AC- or USB Power Charging
- 12fps burst shooting
- 4K Photo and video to capture the fastest movements
The Panasonic FZ1000 II also promises speed, with AF times at approximately 0.09sec. In burst mode it can shoot 12fps, and with the electronic shutter enabled you can shoot at shutter speeds of 1/16,000sec.
All of Panasonic’s now-familiar 4K Photo mode functions, such as Post Focus and Focus Stacking, are included on the FZ1000 II. It also adds a new Auto Marking feature to this mode that helps you identify the best shots.
Panasonic FZ1000 II Price & Release Date
The Panasonic FZ1000 II price tag will be £769.99 / €849.99. A US dollar price wasn’t available at the time of writing.
Panasonic says the FZ1000 II release date will be from the end of March 2019.