Olympus has added to its range of PEN cameras, introducing the Olympus PEN E-PL8 – price tag £399 body only and a release date of October – at Photokina 2016.
Aimed at bloggers and millennials, the compact PEN E-PL8 weighs just 326g and is designed for quickly sharing stills and video to social media.
Photos and movies can be edited in-camera, and music and other effects can also be added and then combined into one file that you can upload to social networks via the new Olympus camera’s built-in Wi-Fi using the free OI.Share App.
Other key Olympus PEN E-PL8 specs include
- Flip-down, reversible touchscreen and automatic selfie mode for still and video selfies
- On-camera video editing, effects and stitching
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy transfer to compatible smartphones, tablets and social media via free OI.Share App
- Remote control via smartphone for full-body selfie fashion shoots
- Easy-access Art Filters for adding creative effects to photos and movies, incl. Old Film Effect, Art Fade, Multi Echo and One Shot
- My Clips folder storage for organizing, editing and stitching short video clips
- Made to match Olympus-exclusive accessories
- Compatible with full range of first-class M.ZUIKO lenses
- Browse Art Filters and see effect in real time in Live View
- Built-in indoor flash and compatibility with external system flashes
- Photo Story for laying out stills as a story in an album with a variety of creative effects
- iAuto lets the camera automatically select the best settings for any photo
- Live Guide makes it easy to adjust key settings like bokeh, ideal for non-experts
- e-Portrait for perfect skin tones
- Eye Detection for pin-sharp portraits
- Live Composite for long exposures that capture trails of light like stars through the night
- Fast AF focusing for high-speed sequential shooting
- Quick Start Guide for beginners