Nikon’s Capture NX has been an integral part of the Nikon camera hardware for years. But, however good the software for imaging has been it has lacked being an all incompasing solution until now with the release of the NX Studio.
Nikon NX Studio version 1.0 will enable the viewing, processing and editing of stills and video. Best of all this new software is free to download.
Check it out for yourself as the full free download of NX Studio can be found here.
NX Studio brings together Nikons current application; ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D enabling users to now do everything within a single application.
If you’re familiar with either or both of the old NX version software’s then you’ll be pleased to know that many functions and features have been crossed over to NX Studio.
The features include the editing functions such as picture control, white balance and exposure settings for RAW. There’s also Colour Control Points which enables adjustment in specified areas, and an all important retouch brush.
The Menu system has been built from the ground up and offers an intuitive structure that has been organised into a natural workflow.
Studio NX is a complete solution enabling users to transfer files to the Nikon image storage service NIKON IMAGE SPACE.
Primary NX Studio features
- Software enables the viewing, processing and editing of still images and video in one place
- A user friendly menu, categorised by workflow – making it simple to use and easy to understand
- A variety of display options, such as filmstrip with both horizontal and vertical preview options, in addition to an easy-to-read shooting information display
- Inherited XMP/IPTC information editing and preset management functions from ViewNX-i and detailed editing functions from Capture NX-D, including Colour Control Points
- Compatibility with other software, such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2, supporting a smooth post-shooting workflow
For more information check out the Nikon website