Sony has released firmware version 1.10 for the A7R III which adds and option to its Pixel Shift Multi Shooting to reduce the interval between frames to 0.5secs.
Up until firmware version 1.10, the Sony A7R III’s Pixel Shift mode offered delays from 1 to 30secs.
Reducing this interval between frames to 0.5secs should help protect against subject movement. Sony notes, though, that the interval might be slightly longer when using an A-mount lens via an adaptor.
The Sony A7R III firmware update also adds the following features and improvements:
- Adds support for bracketing during silent shooting with uncompressed RAW
- Adds support for tuning of the peaking display level for S-Log shooting
- Makes improvements for a condition where the Eye AF does not work with certain camera settings
- Makes improvements for a condition where Viewfinder Brightness is not reflected correctly in the Manual setting
- Improves overall stability of camera