To mark International Women’s Day, the Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award, which is facilitated by FotoDocument and supported by Nikon UK, has opened for submissions.
The award of £2,000 is granted annually to a professional woman photographer to help cover the costs of creating a documentary photo essay, that addresses a social, environmental, economic or cultural issue. The topic can be global or local, and should centre on positive solutions.
It’s free to submit and the deadline for submissions is 5pm on Monday 24th May 2021.
The submissions will be assessed by an international panel comprising:
- Andrea Bruce – award-winning photojournalist, co-owner NOOR photo agency, Nikon European Ambassador
- Donna De Cesare – award-winning photojournalist, associate professor University of Texas
- Nina Emett – award-winning founding director FotoDocument, documentary photographer
- Melanie Friend – documentary photographer
- Neo Ntsoma award-winning photojournalist, founder Neo Ntsoma Productions
- Marilyn Stafford and her daughter, honorary judge, Lina Clerke.
The overall winner will receive The Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award of £2,000 towards an ongoing project and while the runner up will receive £500.
Shortlisted applicants will also be featured on the FotoDocument and Nikon websites and publicised via social media.
Women over 18 from anywhere in the world are invited to submit whatever stage they are in their photographic careers, however, they need to be able to show at least one documentary photo essay.
Follow the link for more information from FotoAward.