Today’s cameras demand fast storage in order to capture high-resolution stills and video. While the cameras and storage, such as CFexpress, may have the read and write times required by the cameras, the speed of many of our card readers is woefully lagging.
Lexar aims to tackle this with the latest CFexpress Type-B card reader.
The new reader enables read speeds of up to 1050MB/s allowing the speedy transfer of files from card to the machine.
The reader utilises fast USB 3.1 technology and comes with a USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable.
The compact size and sleek design of the card reader means that it is easy to transport. It also means that it will easily slip into a pocket in your kit bag ready for use when needed.
Primarily the reader has been designed for use with Lexar’s range of high capacity CFexpress cards that feature large capacities ranging from 64GB to 512GB.
“We are proud to announce the Lexar Professional CFexpress™ USB 3.1 Reader, designed for professional videographers and photographers to get the max performance out of their CFexpress Type B cards and to expedite transfers from card to computer”, said Joel Boquiren, Senior Director, Global Marketing.
The Lexar Professional CFexpress USB 3.1 Reader is available now at an MSRP of €49,99.
The Lexar Professional CFexpress Type B card is also now available at an MSRP of €189,99 (128GB), and €369,99 (256GB) with 64GB and 512GB to be released at a future date.
- Provides next-generation transfer speeds for high-quality images and RAW 4K video
- Designed for use with CFexpress Type B cards
- Read/Write speeds of up to 1050MB/s
- Leveraging USB 3.1 Gen 2 technology to accelerate workflow dramatically
- Includes a USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
- Compact, portable design for photographers and videographers on the go
- Five-year limited warranty