Camera supports have evolved and at the forefront of that revolution is the JOBY GorillaPod for DSLR and Mirrorless.
Its been over ten years since the first of these flexible legged supports arrived the design and materials have adapted to suit the needs of today’s photographers.
The pro-grade metal GorillaPod 3K series has been a popular addition to the range with more advanced photographers finding the flexibility of being able to wrap the legs around almost anything to create support handy.
Taking the 3K series to another level JOBY has now added an all-new BallHead 3K Pro which will feature Arca Swiss compatibility.
This Professional version of the GorillaPod will appeal to all users looking for a versatile way to hold and support their cameras.
This new GorillaPod will have a maximum payload of 3kf (6.6Ibs) more than enough for most CSC and a vast majority of enthusiast DSLRs.
Some of the main highlights of the GorillaPod 3K PRO series features:
- The GorillaPod 3K PRO Kit combines the BallHead 3K PRO with the versatile GorillaPod 3K PRO Stand for groundbreaking content creation.
- New aluminum BallHead 3K Pro with an Arca-Swiss compatible Quick Release plate that matches the smaller footprint of new mirrorless camera systems.
- This ball head allows 90-degree tilt and 360-degree pan movements.
- A secondary knob has been added to lock pan separately and a numbered scale on the base lets users accurately repeat 360-degree pans.
- The versatile ¼”-20 mount allows users to attach and stabilize cameras, strobes, flash, mics and any other hardware up to 3kg.
The defining feature of all GorillaPods is the flexible legs and here with the GorillaPod 3K PRO Stand, it has twenty four high precision ball and socket joints.
This ensures that the camera will secure a camera to any surface, with or without the ball head, making it one of the most lightweight camera supports for versatile shooting angles.
The GorillaPod 3K PRO Rig is one option in the range and is made of the GorillaPod 3K PRO Kit with the Hub Plate and the GorillaPod Arms.
The modular makeup of the GorillaPod allows the lights, mics, monitors and other accessories up to 3kg (6.6lbs) to be attached, transforming it into the perfect choice for vloggers.
The GorillaPod 3K PRO series will be available towards the end of Q2 as soon as we hear the exact date and price we’ll let you know.