Hasselblad has announced the X2D 100C, a 100MP medium format mirrorless camera with a price of £7,369/$8,199.
The Hasselblad X2D 100C takes its place as Hasselblad’s flagship mirrorless medium format camera. It features a 100MP backside-illuminated CMOS sensor and is said to bring improvements in image quality, focusing, stabilisation, responsiveness and storage.
The X2D features a standard minimum sensitivity of ISO 64 and is capable of capturing over 281 trillion colours with 16-bit colour depth. In addition, it has 15 stops of dynamic range, which should ensure subtle gradations.
In an upgrade on the contrast detection system of its predecessor, the Hasselblad X2D 100C has 294 Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) zones spread across its 100MP sensor for improved focusing speed and sensitivity.
There’s also a 5-axis 7-stop in-body image stabilisation (IBIS) system that should be useful for handheld photography. According to Hasselblad, the X2D 100C is the most compact medium format IBIS solution on the market.
Also, for the first time in a medium format camera, the X2D 100C has a built-in 1TB SSD with a write speed up to 2370MB/s and a read speed up to 2850MB/s. That should be enough for most shoots, but there’s also a CFexpress Type B card slot.
Hasselblad also claims that the X2D 100C is more responsive, which is important when capturing fleeting moments. In addition, the electronic viewfinder (EVF) has up to 1.0x magnification for a more life-like view. It’s also been upgraded with a 5.76-million-dot OLED screen and it supports electric refractive error correction for sharp and convenient focus checking.
The X2D also has a new 1.08-inch coloured top display that shows status and shooting information. Meanwhile, the 3.6-inch 2.36-million-dot touchscreen can be titled to give a clearer view.
- Sensor: 100Mp (11656 × 8742) 43.8 x 32.9mm BSI CMOS, pixel size 3.76μm
- Lens Mount: Hasselblad X
- Sensitivity range: ISO 64-25,600
- Colour : 16-bit
- Image stabilisation: 5-axis, 7-stop shutter speed compensation
- Viewfinder: 5.76-million dots OLED
- Screen: 3.6-inch 2.36-million-dot tilting touchscreen
- Maximum continuous shooting rate: 3.3fps (14-bit raw)
- Autofocus system: Phase and contrast detection. Focus indicator or 100% zoom available in MF. Up to 294 Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) zones
- Storage: Built-in 1TB SSD. Extra CFexpress Type B card with a max storage capacity of 512GB supported
- Dimensions: 148.5 × 106 × 74.5mm
- Weight: 895g (camera body with the battery); 790g (camera body only)
Hasselblad X2D 100C price and availability
The Hasselblad X2D 100C goes on sale immediately for a price of £7,369/$8,199.