Fujifilm has announced the Fujinon XF50mm F1.0 WR lens, price tag £1,499, which is designed for use with its X-series cameras.
Calling it the world’s first F1.0 lens with autofocus, the Fujinon XF50mm F1.0 WR is also able to utilise Fujifilm’s Face and Eye AF functionality when mounted to an X-series camera.
What’s more, the new Fujinon lens makes it possible for AF to function and light levels as low as -7EV.
The Fujinon XF50mm F1.0 WR is comprised of 12 elements in nine groups, which includes one aspherical element and two ED elements to help reduce aberrations.
Fujifilm says the lens promises both striking shallow depth of field effects and edge-to-edge sharpness.
Fujifilm has also sealed the Fujinon XF50mm F1.0 WR in 11 places to protect it against moisture and dust. It’s also capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10C.
The Fujifilm Fujinon XF50mm F1.0 WR price tag will be £1,499 / $1,499 / €1,599 with a release date set for September 2020.
- Product type: Lens
- Announced: 3rd September 2020
- Mount: Fujifilm XF
- Focal length: 50mm
- Effective focal length: 76mm
- Angle of view : 31.7 degrees
- Maximum aperture: f/1.0
- Minimum aperture: f/16
- Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups, includes 1 aspherical element and 2 ED elements
- Diaphragm blades: 9
- Minimum focus distance (from focal plane): 0.7m
- Maximum magnification: 0.08x
- Filter size: 77mm
- Dimensions (diameter x length): 87 x 103.5mm
- Weight: 845g