Fujifilm has announced the SQ6 – price tag $129.95 – the first square format analog Instax camera, which is available in Graphite Gray, Blush Gold and Pearl White.
The Fujifilm SQ6 boasts a 1:1 aspect ratio and is compatible with Fujifilm Instax Square film. Fujifilm announced it will also be releasing new Instax Square black instant film, which will feature a black frame.
Among the Fujifilm SQ6’s new features are:
- Picture size – 62mm x 62mm/2.4in. x 2.4in.
- Retractable lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f = 65.75 mm, 1:12.6.
- Inverted Galilean finder, 0.4 x, with target spot.
- Three motor driven focus modes: Macro Mode (0.3m – 0.5m/1ft. -1.6ft.), Normal Mode (0.5m – 2m/1.6ft. – 6.6ft.), Landscape Mode (2m/6.6ft. and beyond).
- Programmed electronic shutter release, 1.6 sec – 1/400 sec.
- Automatic, Interlocking range (ISO 800): LV 5 – LV 15.5, Exposure compensation: ± 2/3 EV.
- Electronically controlled self-timer with approximately 10 second delay
- LED display with Shooting mode (auto, selfie, macro, landscape, double exposure), brightness adjustment, flash suppressing and self-timer mode.
- Two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries.
- Capacity: Approximately 30 INSTAX SQUARE 10-pack film packs with new CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries.
- Tripod socket (tripod sold separately).
The Fujifilm SQ6 joins the SQ10, the company’s others square format Instax camera which is a digital hybrid.
Fujifilm says the SQ6 release date will be 25 May.