The original CamRanger broke new ground when it was released a few years back. It enabled you to connect and control your Nikon or Canon DSLR in a way that would have otherwise been impossible. Now the latest CamRanger Mini brings new features and a compact and updated look.
What does the CamRanger do? It essentially boosts your Nikon or Canon DSLRs functionality by enabling remote live view and firing options from up to 120m / 400ft away.
It utilises the latest wireless technology to link your camera to a mobile phone or tablet to your camera so it can then be controlled by a dedicated app.
Once connected the CamRanger App enables you to adjust settings such as shutter, aperture, ISO and white balance remotely.
This has obvious practical uses when shooting wildlife or sport, but the remote adjustment and live view is just the start of the CamRangers feature set.
Advanced modes enable you to shoot focus stacked images, time-lapse and HDR imagery and all from within the app.
The CamRanger is designed to work remotely by forming its own Wi-Fi network, so where-ever you are the wireless connection of the device will be robust.
It also features a built-in lithium-ion battery which supplies a good 3-4 hours of charge.
Here are a few of the key specifications
- Wirelessly stream live view from the camera to your tablet or phone
- Wirelessly capture images or trigger from the camera
- Thumbnails automatically appear on the top of the screen after taking a picture
- Images are always saved to the camera card and can optionally be saved to your device
- Pinch zoom or double tap to view the image at up to 200%
- Double tap to increase magnification, Single tap to focus on an area or fine tune
- Can be configured to take a series of pictures automatically varying Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
- Can be configured as an intervalometer to take time-lapse sequences n View and change camera settings remotely
- Use a variety of overlays: grid lines, file name, EXIF data, histogram
The CamRanger has a suggested retail price of £229.99, for more details check out www.intro2020.co.uk