Elinchrom has announced the ELB 1200, priced from $3499 / €3749 / £3299, a new portable light pack for on-location adventure photographers.
The Elinchrom ELB 1200 weighs 4.3kg/9.3lbs and can deliver 1200Ws symmetrically or asymmetrically in 1/10 f-stop steps and variable over 8.5 f-stops, enabling photographers to either overpower the sun or shoot wide open.
The ELB 1200 recycles to full power in 1.7secs in fast mode with bursts of up to 20 flashes per second.
A built-in Skyport protocol with 20 frequency channels and 4 groups lets you synchronise between the ELB 1200 and Elinchrom’s Skyport transmitters.
The Elinchrom ELB 1200 also comes with three new flash heads – Action, Hi-Sync and Pro – as well as an aluminium housing, a new tilt head and a 7-8mm central umbrella.
The Pro is an all-purpose head with a flash duration of 1/5050s at 140Ws. The Action head offers a flash duration of 1/8850s when set to 172Ws, while the Hi-Sync head is designed for Hi-Sync photography in combination with the Skyport transmitter HS.
Each head is fan-cooled and offers a dimmable bright (Daylight balanced / 250 W equivalent / 4000+ Lumens / 92 CRI) LED modelling light which Elinchrom says draws minimal power from the pack.
Elinchrom’s new Air battery (1.1 kg / 2.4 lbs) gives the ELB 1200 power for 215 flashes at full power, or 80 minutes of video at full power. You can also upgrade to a new HD battery (1.5 kg / 3.3 lbs) which increases your capacity to 400 flashes at full power, or 120 minutes of video time.
The Elinchrom ELB 1200 release date will be the end of August 2017. The Elinchrom ELB 1200 price tag will be:
ELB 1200 Pro To Go / ELB 1200 Hi-Sync To Go: $3499 / €3749 / £3299
ELB 1200 Pro To Roll / ELB 1200 Hi-Sync To Roll: $3749 / €3999 / £3499
The difference is the To Go kit comes with a carry bag and the To Roll includes a roller case.
Elinchrom is also letting users of its Ranger RX / Free Style series – whether working or not – the opportunity to trade it in and get an ELB 1200 price reduction of $1000 / €900 / £900 on the To Go or To Roll kits.
Elinchrom ELB 1200 Specifications
• 18 x 13 x 28 cm / 7 x 5 x 11’’ (with battery)
• 4.3 kg / 9.48 lbs. (with battery)
• Large OLED control display
• Fast recycling times (1.7s in FAST mode, 3s in DEFAULT mode)
• Strobo, sequence and delayed flash mode
• USB for firmware updates
• Heavy duty compact head
• Aluminium housing
• 22.5 x 14 x 23 cm / 9 x 8.8 x 5.5’’
• 2.2 kg / 4.8 lbs.
• Aluminium tilt head
• 7 mm and/or 8 mm umbrella tube
• 92 CRI dimmable daylight LED equivalent to 250w Halogen
• For both still photography and video
• Silent video mode
• Weather resistant design
• Battery Air / 215 full power flashes, 1.1 kg (included)
• Battery Air / 80 min of continuous LED light
• Battery HD / 400 full power flashes, 1.5 kg (optional)
• Battery HD / 120 min of continuous LED light
• 5V USB power output for mobile devices
• Shipping mode for travelling
For more details on specifications and the contents of each kit, which are also