DJI has announced another update to its entry-level drone, the Spark, which now allows users to create ‘tiny planet’ spherical panoramic images.
The new spherical panorama mode effectively allows users to create panoramic images with a fisheye lens effect, which you can then share directly to social media.
DJI says the tiny planet feature for Spark will be available in a forthcoming DJI Go 4 mobile app and Spark firmware update.
The new addition to Spark’s feature set follows a slew of new features and enhancements of existing technology from a critical Spark firmware update. Among these additions are:
- A new gesture to start and stop video recording
- Enhanced QuickShot video features for more cinematic control
- A 180-degree photo shooting mode and improved photo image resolution
- Full integration with the DJI Goggles
- Optimisation of the PalmLaunch function for better stability after takeoff
- Improved control accuracy under the QuickShot Dronie mode
Spark is the first consumer drone that users can control with hand gestures, and boasts a number of other features aimed at simplifying drone use for those who have never flown an unmanned aircraft.