DJI has released a new firmware update for the Ronin-S which adds ActiveTrack 3.0, Force Mobile, Auto 3D Roll 360 modes, among other performance enhancements.
With Ronin-S firmware version 188.8.131.52 DJI has:
- Added ActiveTrack 3.0 (requires Ronin app v1.2.4 or later).
- Added Force Mobile (requires Ronin app v1.2.4 or later).
- Added quick switch to 3D Roll 360 mode. Press M button three times to enter, and press three times again to exit.
- Added Auto 3D Roll 360. When the gimbal is in 3D Roll 360 mode, push the joystick left or right twice to enable Auto 3D Roll 360. The gimbal rotates continuously without needing to hold the joystick. Press the trigger twice to stop Auto 3D Roll 360.
- Added video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A7R4 cameras with supported E-mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-C). To use autofocus on the A7R4, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
- Added photo capture, video recording, zoom, and focus pull support for Sony A7R4 cameras using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi USB). To use autofocus on the A7R4, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
- Optimized 3D Roll 360.
- Added Track mode settings for Command Unit.
- Optimized follow experience in Flashlight mode.
- Optimized the Profile LED display by changing the pulsing frequency when gimbal in sleep mode, and the LED will become red to indicate low battery warning when battery level is less than 20%.
- Sleep mode can be enabled by pressing once or twice of the gimbal power button.
- Optimized zoom adjustment when using Sony cameras’ multi-port with Power Zoom lens, The zoom speed can be set from 1 to 100 (requires DJI Ronin v1.2.4 app or later).
- Fixed other minor bugs.
To update your Ronin-S, make sure the DJI Ronin App is the latest version. Power off your Ronin-S and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB-C port on Ronin-S to your computer.