DJI has announced the Mini 2, price tag starting from £419 / €4448, an update to its popular compact drone that weighs less than 249g.
Packed with new pre-programmed flight modes and tutorials for beginners, the DJI Mini 2 is aimed at new drone pilots and the update enhances these features.
Like the original Mini, the DJI Mini 2 boasts a foldable design and an updated OcuSync 2.0 system that gives the Mini 2 a maximum range of up to 6km while maintaining a connection between the drone and controller. This is a 200% increase in range over the original Mini.
What’s more, DJI has upgraded the Mini 2’s motors to provide up to 31 minutes of flight time, faster acceleration and the capability to withstand gusts of wind up to 24mph.
DJI Mini 2 Camera
The DJI Mini 2’s built-in camera features a 1/2.3-inch sensor that can record 12-megapixel still images and record 4K video at up to 30fps. The camera can also shoot raw images, as well as JPEG.
Video footage is stabilised by a built-in 3-axis gimbal. When filming in 1080p you can also use the camera’s 4x Zoom option to get closer to your subjects.
Safety features include Return to Home, Altitude Lock and GEO fencing to keep your drone from going into sensitive locations, such as airports.
The Mini 2 provides a live feed to your phone, and built-in GPS keeps track of where the drone is located.
Flight modes include:
- -QuickShots: Pre-programmed movements and image capture modes.
- Dronie: DJI Mini 2 flies backward and upward, with the camera tracking your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 ft.
- Helix: DJI Mini 2 flies upward and away, spiraling around your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 ft.
- Rocket: DJI Mini 2 flies straight up into the air with the camera pointing downward following your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 ft.
- Circle: DJI Mini 2 will circle around your subject at a constant altitude and distance.
- Boomerang: DJI Mini 2 flies a boomerang-like oval flight path around your subject, starting and stopping video in the same place.
- -Panoramas: Capture a wider perspective with select pano modes.
- Sphere: DJI Mini 2 automatically captures twenty-six images and stitches them together for a crystal-clear image.
- 180°: Captures seven photos for sweeping landscape images.
- Wide-Angle: Captures a wide 3×3 image consisting of nine images.
- -Image modes: Different photo modes for different scenarios.
- AEB Triple Shot: Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) takes three images of varying exposure and merges them for a vivid image. This can be edited further to bring out a High Dynamic Range (HDR) image in post-processing.
- Timed Shots: Give yourself a few extra seconds before taking that photo with timed shots.
DJI Mini 2 Price & Release Date
The DJI Mini 2 price tag is £419 / €448 for the drone, along with one battery. The DJI Fly More Combo is priced at £549 / €584 and includes the Mini 2, three batteries, a charging hub, carry case and remote controller.
The DJI Mini 2 is available for purchase now on the DJI Store.