Today DJI announced the release of the follow-up to their compact action camera, The DJI OSMO Action with the DJI Action 2.
An all-new design boosts the function and features of this all-new camera and makes a break from the more traditional GoPro style of action cameras.
Check out our full DJI Action 2 review
The DJI Action 2 is available at Adorama at the below links:
Utilising an interchangeable magnetic design, the new DJI Action 2 uses modules to boost and adapt the camera’s performance to the needs of the user.
Providing increased flexibility, the full metal compact camera offers high resolution 4K video footage at up to 120 frames per second and 1080p at up to 240fps.
“Whether you’re racing down a mountain or playing tag with your kids on a playground, everybody deserves an easy and intuitive tool to capture and remember those life moments,” said Paul Pan, DJI Senior Product Line Manager. “We stripped our action camera down to its fundamentals and rebuilt it from the ground up to create DJI Action 2. You can configure this camera for neighbourhood walks, hang gliding off a cliff, music festivals, and countless other action-packed moments. DJI Action 2 embeds DJI’s legendary technology in a revolutionary new series of mounts and fittings, making it easier than ever to see your life in action.”
All new Modular, Wearable Design
With the huge rise in wearable tech, DJI has focused on creating a personal camera that beats the competition regarding flexibility and use.
Weighing in at just 56g and measuring 39x39x22.3mm, the DJI Action is small and light enough to be worn or mounted almost anywhere.
Direct from the box, you have options to helmet, surfboard, or attach the camera to the supplied lanyard and capture instant stunning video footage of your surroundings.
While the camera’s design gives you complete flexibility over its use, the DJI Action 2 is a pure action camera.
From vlogging to extreme sports, the camera is fully protected, dustproof, drop-proof and waterproof up to 10 meters.
There are several modules available at launch, including the camera and battery module with Macro and other modules to follow.
Enabling quick access and control of the camera is the 1.76-inch LCD touch screen. This gives you access to all of the camera settings and shooting control. As ever, the camera is complemented by the Mimo App to control the camera from your mobile phone remotely.
Powerful Imaging System
Inside the DJI Action, 2 is a 1/1.7-inch sensor capable of recording 4K video at up to 120fps. Fronting the camera is a super-wide 155° FOV lens that gives footage the ultra-wide action camera look.
Inside is a newly implemented Color Temperature Sensor that enables that camera to adjust to colour tones underwater, something divers will love. A deep waterproof case is available that will enable the camera to dive more than 10 meters.
As with the DJI Osmo Action, the DJI Action 2 utilises RockSteady 2.0, DJI’s proprietary Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) technology.
A new feature here is the HorizonSteady that enables the camera to maintain a level frame throughout the shot, even during your more dynamic moments.
The DJI Action 2 Camera Unit has a battery with a run time of up to 70 minutes on its own, 160 minutes when connected with the Front Touchscreen Module, and 180 minutes with the power module.
DJI Action 2 is packed with Intelligent Features, including:
- Slow Motion: Record video in slow motion (4x in 4K/120fps and 8x 1080p/240fps) to capture transient moments with permanence.
- Hyperlapse and Timelapse: Control the perception of time with Timelapse and Hyperlapse to capture unique content with the effect of the world moving faster around you. During Hyperlapse recording, you can switch to and from regular-speed recording for even more creative options.
- QuickClip: Set the device to take short 10, 15, or 30-second videos, perfect for social media.
- Livestream: Use DJI Action 2 to broadcast a livestream with a stable stream output of up to 1080p/30fps.
- UVC: Utilise DJI Action 2 as a USB video device class (UVC) for your computer and capture high-quality video for conference calls and live gaming broadcasts.
DJI Action 2 accessories
- DJI Action 2 Front Touchscreen Module: A front-facing OLED touchscreen and three built-in microphones bring 4-mic Matrix Stereo technology, which allows you to compose videos or selfies and record crisp audio on the go. Connect to Action 2 for a maximum battery life of 160 minutes.
- DJI Action 2 Power Module: Lets you get the most out of Action 2 by providing up to 180 minutes of filming and an additional microSD card slot. A hot-swappable design means you can change between power modules for all-day power.
- DJI Action 2 Magnetic Lanyard: Wear this stylish-yet-discrete lanyard to keep your hands free and capture moments from an exciting first-person view.
- DJI Action 2 Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter Mount: An adhesive base allows users to attach DJI Action 2 to any surface and enjoy 360° of freedom to fix the camera in any direction. A standard 1/4″ screw hole is compatible with most camera accessories.
- DJI Action 2 Magnetic Adapter Mount: This mount securely holds DJI Action 2 in place during extreme sports or demanding scenarios. It includes folding fingers at the bottom to use Action 2 with most third-party action camera accessories.
- Remote Control Extension Rod: A versatile 3-in-1 accessory serves as an extension rod, tripod, and detachable remote controller, to meet all your shooting needs.
- DJI Floating Handle: A hollow design helps keep DJI Action 2 floating so you can film in water without fear of losing the camera. An anti-slip grip makes it easy to hold, and the handle can be attached to a tripod or the DJI Action 2 Waterproof Case.
- DJI Action 2 Waterproof Case: The Waterproof Case houses DJI Action 2 Camera Unit and front touchscreen module or power module to depths of up to 60 meters.
- DJI Action 2 Magnetic Headband: Another hands-free alternative that allows users to shoot videos in unique FPV.
- DJI Action 2 Macro Lens: This optical glass with multi-layer coating attaches magnetically over the camera unit lens, making perfect close-up shots in sharper, richer detail.
- DJI Mic: Wireless dual-channel recording system that adds clear and crisp audio to your vlog or showreel. DJI Mic has a recording range of up to 250 meters and is compatible with Action 2, smartphones, and any device with a 3.5mm audio input. Enjoy up to 5.5 hours of battery life from the transmitters, 5 hours from the receiver, and 15 hours from the charging case. 
Price and Availability
DJI Action 2 Dual-Screen combo is available for purchase today from store.dji.com and authorised retail stores. It is priced at 455 GBP/ from 519 EUR (subject to local taxes). It includes the DJI Action 2 Camera Unit, Front Touchscreen Module, Magnetic Lanyard, Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter Mount, and Magnetic Adapter Mount.
The DJI Action 2 Power Combo is available for purchase at the end of November from store.dji.com and authorised retail stores. It retails for 349 GBP/399 (subject to local taxes) EUR and includes DJI Action 2 Camera Unit, Power Module, Magnetic Lanyard, and Magnetic Adapter Mount. All other accessories will be sold separately.
For more information on all the new features, accessories, and capabilities, please visit https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2.