With Datacolor’s latest summer promotion, creative professionals and photographers can upgrade to the best Spyder colour calibrator yet, at a fraction of the cost!
The summer promotion allows you to upgrade to the SpyderX Elite for £100 less than its usual cost.
With the promotion, which is running until the end of August, the SpyderX Elite costs only £139.00 including VAT; the regular price is £239.00, saving you £100 when bought as part of the upgrade promotion. All you need to do is enter here.
What is the SpyderX Elite?
Datacolor’s SpyderX Elite is a monitor calibration device that ensures that your monitor is reproducing colours accurately. The SpyderX Elite software makes the calibration process easy, guiding you step-by-step with on-screen instructions.
Once the process has started, the SpyderX hardware is placed onto the monitor’s screen, and then a series of test patterns are displayed. As the display changes, the software prompts you to adjust the monitor’s settings so the SpyderX can record brightness and colour levels.
Once the process is completed, the SpyderX Elite software creates a colour profile for your monitor that is saved and applied.
Each colour profile created can be saved and recalled whenever required. Photographers can take advantage of the different profile selection and calibrate multiple monitors using the StudioMatch feature. To ensure that the images always look correct, whatever their intended destination, the SpyderProof features enable you to check tone and colour for print, video and screen.
What does the SpyderX Elite hardware look like?
The SpyderX Elite is a small hardware device that hooks over the top of your monitor so that it can be placed directly onto the screen. The device features a soft pad around the optical lens, ensuring the monitor surface is protected as the SpyderX is placed on the screen’s surface. On the side that interfaces with the screen is an optical lens. This lens fronts the lens-based colour engine, which significantly increases the precision, colour accuracy and low light capabilities compared with other calibration devices.
The big leap in workflow for anyone using monitor calibration is the calibration speed, with the process taking less than two minutes.
One big feature of the Datacolor range is the product support, if you have a question about the use of the product, then their customer support is fast and exceptionally helpful.
Datacolor SpyderX Elite Software features
The Datacolor Spyder Elite Software enables you to calibrate your monitor in minutes, whether desktop, laptop or both. But, standard calibration isn’t the only feature of this advanced monitor calibration device and software.
The advanced Analysis feature can check your display so that you know it’s working as it should be, and over time, you can check how the display is functioning or degrading.
SpyderProof is essential for anyone printing on paper or sending images off for display on a different medium. SpyderProof allows you to check display calibrations to see how the different settings affect the on-screen visuals. This is ideal for proofing prints and checking video and graphics before sending them off.
A feature that will appeal to professionals and enthusiasts working on multiple machines is the ability to calibrate all monitors within a studio and check the integrity of an entire monitor’s screen.
Datacolor’s Expert console enables you as a studio manager to get into the calibration of all of your photographers or designers’ needs and calibrate profiles that can be shared.
There are video and cinema calibration targets and soft proof and print results.
Why is it worth upgrading to SpyderX Elite?
- SpyderX Elite is Datacolor’s fastest calibration device that can calibrate a monitor in less than two minutes.
- The breakthrough optical system based on a large converging lens provides a higher level of colour accuracy with more accurate screen colours, shadow detail and better white balance.
- The fully sealed sensor and integrated lens cap make the SpyderX Elite the first choice for on-the-go photography. Photographers who need to do some initial image processing “on location” love this advantage of the SpyderX when they need to calibrate their laptop on the go and in changing light conditions.
- An unlimited number of monitors can be calibrated, and multiple monitors can be matched using the StudioMatch™ function.
- Extensive monitor analysis features are included to assess display performance, such as display homogeneity analysis or display performance loss over time.
- SpyderX Elite provides access to professional features such as soft proofing and the Expert Console.
- Free assistance from Datacolor’s customer support team of professional photographers and IT experts. Datacolor support is “in-house” and not handled through an external service centre.