Capture One has announced that for the first time, their software will enable tethering with many cameras through a wired or wireless connection for the first time.
This update to the Capture One software will be available immediately through a software update.
Once installed, a camera can be directly connected without needing memory cards, adapters or any other device in between, just the USB cable or wireless connection.
“Since its launch in June, Capture One for iPad has been a big hit with our customers. The iPad’s lightweight and portable form factor gives photographers huge flexibility to set themselves up wherever they need and get from shoot to final image super efficiently, with the superior colour quality they’re used to from Capture One.
We are now very proud to bring the fastest, most stable and most reliable tethered photography to the iPad, whether you’re using a traditional cable or the mind-blowing wireless experience.” – Rafael Orta, CEO, Capture One.
The Capture One software has been adapted for the iPad and fully uses the tablet’s powerful potential. Gesture and touch interactions create an intuitive and easy-to-navigate an environment with the ability to work with JPG and RAW files.
“We’re really excited about our journey so far with Capture One for iPad and even more excited about our future plans. Optimizing our codebase to take full advantage of the advances in Apple architecture means that we can provide high performance with a beautiful, tactile and intuitive UI wrapped around our image and colour engine.
Bringing our history of building the best tools for tethered photography to the iPad was an inspiring challenge, we delivered support for cameras on par with Capture One Pro, exciting new capabilities like multi-camera tethering and our future plans include live view and camera controls.” – Rafael Orta, CEO, Capture One
Key features of Capture One for iPad:
- You can now shoot tethered directly via USB cable or Wi-Fi
- Remotely trigger a capture from your iPad with our first shutter button iteration
- Automatically apply the same adjustments to all tethered photos by enabling the “Next Capture Adjustments” toggle
- Change the Fujifilm simulation of your Fujifilm RAW files from the dedicated tool
- Export Originals and TIFF files
- Use Auto Adjust to edit your images quickly
- Change the Wheel and “Quick Edit” sliding directions in the app’s Gestures & Shortcuts section within the Settings page
- Get tips on how to use the gesture interactions with a new Onboarding view
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Capture One for iPad will be available now on the Apple App Store.
Capture One for iPad (app): $4.99 per month:
- Including access to Cloud File Transfer (up to 1000 photos stored in the cloud at any given time, and the number of transfers is unlimited)
- Capture One Pro 22 is available as a perpetual license or subscription:
- Capture One Pro 22:
- Perpetual License: $299
- Upgrades from select previous generations starting at $159
- Subscriptions starting at $20 per month month
For a complete list of all products and licensing options, visit: www.captureone.com/store.
For a 30-day fully featured free trial of Capture One Pro 22, visit www.captureone.com/download.