Capture One has revealed that Capture One 22 will launch on 9th December and will add Panorama Stitching, HDR Merging and Auto Rotate, plus wireless tethering for Canon cameras.
Panorama Stitching enables larger than normal images to be created from a series of images shot with the camera moving between each image so that the whole seen is captured. Capture One says that with multi-row stitching, you can join your images in all directions to create larger DNG files that are fully editable in Capture One 22.
HDR Merging allows you to combine several raw files shot at different exposures to create a single high dynamic range image in a few clicks. You can then use Capture One 22’s editing tools ot perfect the image.
This feature uses Capture One’s first AI-driven tool to rotate large batches of images simultaneously.
Wireless Tethering for Canon
Capture One already enables wired tethering of cameras but the latest version of the software will enable it to be done wirelessly with Canon cameras. No more tripping over cables in the studio! As yet we have no information about which Canon cameras will be compatible, but I guess we’ll find out more on 9th December.
Follow the link to read our Capture One 21 review and check out its key specifications below.
- Purpose: Image capture, cataloguing and processing
- Microsoft Windows minimum requirements: Intel or AMD CPU with 2 cores, 8 GB of RAM, 10 GB of free hard disk space, Calibrated monitor with 1280×800, 24-bit resolution at 96dpi
- Apple Macintosh minimum requirements: Intel® Core™ i3 (1st generation), 8 GB of RAM, 10 GB of free hard disk space, Calibrated monitor with 1280×800, 24-bit resolution at 96dpi, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
- Variations: Available with support for 500+ cameras or for just Fujifilm, Nikon or Sony cameras
- Payment options: Pro perpetual license: £299 / $299, Monthly subscription: £19 / $19, Brand-specific version perpetual license: £199 / $199, Monthly subscription £14 / $14 per month