Canon is reportedly developing a high resolution EOS R body that will top the recently announced Sony A7R IV in megapixels, according to rumours.
Canon Watch says it has been tipped off about the upcoming Canon EOS R body and that it will have a resolution ‘way beyond the Sony A7R IV.’
Announced earlier this month, the Sony A7R IV offers 61-megapixel resolution. Canon Watch says the new Canon EOS R camera could boast a resolution of up to 75 megapixels.
That number would gel with separate rumours (from Personal-View, via Photo Rumors) that the new high resolution Canon EOS R camera will feature a 75-megapixel sensor, which is marching close to medium format territory.
The rumour states it will be the Canon EOS R L (for Landscape) and offer the following specs:
- 75Mp Dual Pixel CMOS FF Sensor
- Special super high resolution mode that will use dual pixel and sensor shift (up to 400Mp)
- Can be first to have VR sensor stabilization, but not too good
- Slow serial shooting up to 5-6 frames/sec
- Very nice VF like on Panasonic FF cameras
- Dual slots
- Can use non SD cards for speed
- New Canon films emulation mode