Bridge cameras are a variety of camera that are similar in size and shape and weight to an SLR camera, but also incorporate retractable superzoom lenses like a compact camera. They are generally seen as a step up from shooting with a compact, but a step just below an SLR. In fact, they are called 'bridge cameras' because they conveniently 'bridge' the gap between DSLRs and compacts.
While they might sound like an option for novices, these days bridge cameras pack a fair number of features, an impressive focal range and pretty decent image quality, as companies like Sony and Panasonic and others fit larger sensors into their cameras.
On this page we will keep you up to date with all the latest news, reviews and buying guides for bridge cameras.
What's more, if you have experience with a particular bridge camera model or brand, or perhaps you have some unique insights into their technology, then we would love to hear from you! Here at Camera Jabber we value all of our readers' opinions and welcome guest bloggers.
- Hands-on Nikon Z 6 Review: Updated 243 views
- Best Memory cards for GoPro Hero7 Black 203 views
- Fujifilm XF10 review 131 views
- How to use GoPro Hero 7 Black live streaming 92 views
- Nikon D850 vs Fujifilm GFX 50S: Image Quality Comparison 85 views
- Nikon Z 7 Review: Updated with Pro Photographers’ Comments 81 views
- Best Compact Cameras in 2018 75 views
- The best camera rumours of 2018: Updated September 2018 71 views
- GoPro Hero7 Black Review 67 views
- Nikon Z6 to begin shipping a week early in US 65 views