Bridge cameras are a variety of camera that are similar in size and shape and weight to an SLR camera, but also incorporate retractable superzoom lenses like a compact camera. They are generally seen as a step up from shooting with a compact, but a step just below an SLR. In fact, they are called 'bridge cameras' because they conveniently 'bridge' the gap between DSLRs and compacts.
While they might sound like an option for novices, these days bridge cameras pack a fair number of features, an impressive focal range and pretty decent image quality, as companies like Sony and Panasonic and others fit larger sensors into their cameras.
On this page we will keep you up to date with all the latest news, reviews and buying guides for bridge cameras.
What's more, if you have experience with a particular bridge camera model or brand, or perhaps you have some unique insights into their technology, then we would love to hear from you! Here at Camera Jabber we value all of our readers' opinions and welcome guest bloggers.
- GoPro Hero8 Black: specs we’d like to see 568 views
- How to GoPro skiing: tips for mounts and camera positions 329 views
- Sony A6400: price, release date, official specs confirmed 202 views
- Best Memory cards for GoPro Hero7 Black 177 views
- The best camera rumours of 2019 157 views
- DJI Spark 2: specs, release date, news and rumours 156 views
- iPhone XS vs Huawei Mate 20 Pro: which is best for photography? 156 views
- 11 tips for using the Huawei P20 Pro to its full potential 155 views
- How to use GoPro Hero7 Black live streaming 138 views
- Nikon Z 6 Review: Updated with Pro Comment 128 views