Wex Photo has revitalised the Bowens brand and has revealed an all-new line-up for 2019. The latest light to be announced is the Bowens XMS500.
This new flash head offers the type of performance demanded by photography pros and offers an exceptional balance of performance and cost.
Engineered for speed the XMS500 features an all-new sleek and stylish look with the technical abilities to match. Ultrafast durations as shorts as 1/13690s and recycle times of 0.9s when used at full power.
As an all-new fully digital light the XMS500 is accurate and reliable when it comes to output in both illumination and colour temperature. This means less time balancing the light and post-processing and more time capturing the image.
Featuring an intuitive digital control panel, control is easy with 9-stops of flash power (adjustable in 1/10th-stop or 1-stop) adjustable using the single rotary control dial.
This control dial enables photographers to adjust the power settings from maximum all the way down to 2W.
Giving even more control the XMS500 features a 2.4GHz radio remote and trigger system, this system has been developed to enable the photographer to adjust the lightings power and settings from the camera rather than having to go to the light head. There’s multi-voltage operation (100-230V) for worldwide compatibility.
Bowens XMS500 technical specifications
- Rated energy: 500Ws
- Power range (f-stops): 9-stops
- Power range (Ws): 2Ws – 500Ws
- Power adjustments: 1/10-stop
- Flash duration (shortest): 1/13690s
- Recycle time: 0.9s to full 500Ws
- Flash modes: M, MLT, TTL
- Flash sync: High-Speed-Sync (up to 1/8000 sec), 1st curtain sync, 2nd curtain sync
- Colour temperature: 5600 ±ºK
- Multivoltage: AC 220V-240V-50Hz
- Flash to flash consistency (f-stop): ± 0.05
- Flash to flash consistency (colour temp): ± 100 ºK
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 407mm 169mm x 137mm
- Weight: 3.7Kg
The Bowens XMS500 (single flash head) is available to order from https://www.wexphotovideo.com/Bowens-XMS500-Flash-Head-1687817/ with a retail price of £599 including VAT.